3.23.2007

In true Kimberly fashion...

...I successfully locked myself out of my apartment.

Last night I rode my bike home and when I went for my keys I was filled with that overwhelming sense of "oooooh shiiit"...I definitely forgot my keys...in my lunch bag...under my desk...at work. I hate that feeling. I've felt it oh so many times and every time it happens I think, "this is the last time I will lock myself out of something"...of course this only holds true until I do it again...

I've always wished I could be one of those people who makes stupid mistakes only to learn from them and never repeat them. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. Throughout my life I have locked myself out of my car at least 10 times and out of my house/apartment more than 5. I've been lucky thus far to have roommates and a police officer for a father who always has a spare slim jim, but unfortunately, neither exist for me here in Korea.

I decided to leave my bike unlocked in the hallway of my apartment while I tried to ask the maintenance man for a spare key to let me in. This proved to be more difficult than I thought and was given the key to 510 instead my apartment, 501...I would have called my director to meet me at the academy but as luck would have it, I forgot my phone in my apartment. I was able to use the office phone to call my director and he met me at school so I could get my key...

The funny thing is though that when I got back to my apartment and was walking to my door I was startled by the bike sitting in the middle of the hallway. I just had to laugh at myself because I then realised it was my bike and amidst all my scurrying around I forgot I left it all by its lonesome...thank goodness it was still there.

I think it's time to make a copy of my key, maybe even two...and I should probably stop being so damn forgetful about these kind of things...



No comments:

Post a Comment