...but I'm updating instead...
It feels good to be a student again. Despite the differences between my current studying environment (entirely online) and everything I've ever known before, the general feeling of being a student remains the same. Deadlines, time management, homework, readings, writing, thinking, procrastinating...the list could go on. I like it though, it keeps me on my toes and not lazy. I've also started revisiting coffee shops again. I mentioned this to Nathan, followed by, "I'm such a cliche", but in all honesty, I really forgot how much I love coffee shops and more importantly, studying in coffee shops! To fuse one's love of coffee with learning is heightened by the aromas of roasting beans, the distraction of other people's conversation, and what used to be, the accompaniment of a cigarette. Those days are long gone though, but I do find this setting to be calming.
I'm sitting in the newest coffee shop to downtown GR called Madcap. It's lovely and filled with natural light, almost too much, I had to turn my chair sideways b/c the sun was blinding me. Note: SUN in GRAND RAPIDS in JANUARY! My Lord, it is a miracle. I should face my chair into it and blind myself at this occurrence. My coffee was french pressed and delicious and I guess my only complaint would be that the table is a stitch tall for the chairs, but that my friends is minor (and could probably be chalked up to a height deficiency of my own).
Anyway, program planning and implementation calls. Yes, I am that awesome.
i miss you! i love you update so please continue blogging!!
ReplyDelete