4.12.2007

The longer I'm here...

...the worse my English becomes.

My student's English abilities range drastically depending on their age, level and desire to learn. One of my more "eager" classes is filled with 4th and 5th graders and I quite enjoy teaching them. The unit they've been studying focuses on health, accidents and remedies so we've been discussing all the different injuries we've had. They really seem to enjoy this type of conversation so today I had them write small stories about an injury they've had and then they were to present it to the class. Here are two that really stood out:

1. Ann is hitting me my health is very small. I am tired very hard. I will crazy. him say you after class him hit me. I will die. Ann homicide me.

2. I was 3 grade. I made a kite. I flied a kite. Criminal tripped for me. I fell down I hit my head on a very sharp square stone. I was cry. Streamed my blood. I called my father and my mother. I saw a doctor and sitched. That time was cut my head second time.

Please take note that these students' levels are above average in the curriculum we teach...with that said, you might have an understand why my English has rapidly depleted over the past 7 months.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are too funny. You're totally homiciding me.

    ReplyDelete