3.06.2007

weddings weddings weddings...

...weddings weddings weddings.

For as long as I can remember, every spring/summer/fall has been filled with weddings. I suppose having an abnormally large extended family, plus an equally as large extended step-family (many of whom married younger than my current age...and are still married - props to them) has lent its hand in jam-packing many of my weekends with decent food, free alcohol and lots of dancing. Over the past few years though it seems that the family weddings have dwindled (I'm at the younger end of all three sides) and the friend's weddings have exploded in frequency...

This year seems to be no exception...I left home with the knowledge of missing out on 5 weddings and since I've been here 2 more have sprung up!!! OMG people...seriously!!!

Actually though, I really do love going to weddings: dressing up, free food, drinking and dancing, critiquing what I like and dislike about the ceremony/reception (that's normal right??)...

Anyway, if any of you plan on having a wedding sometime this year...PLEASE WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER!!! :)

ah well...2 down, 5 more to miss...

5 comments:

  1. I guess i can reschedule my wedding for october if it's really important to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the same thing has happened to me!! omg omg omg...when we left in Oct 2002 my best friend got married in Nov and then the rest of them followed...then of course the sisters...which, no way out of missing those ;) maybe see you tonight, not sure but def friday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry, we're eloping. you won't miss anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhahaah hahaha just kidding. haha. oh man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will not marry anyone while you're gone. don't worry. I MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete